Our comprehensive outpatient therapeutic services include Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy. We treat patients of every age, for a range of diagnoses:
• Orthopedic conditions
• Neurological conditions
• Vestibular and balance conditions
• Hand dysfunction
• Speech disorders
• Language disorders
• Voice disorders
• Swallowing disorders
Our Therapy team offers the traditional rehabilitation model, as well as other specialized therapeutic approaches. These include:
• Manual Therapy
• Neuromuscular re-education techniques
• Certified Lymphedema management
• Vestibular/Balance Rehabilitation (for dizziness, including
conditions such as BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
• BIONESS L300 Wireless Foot Drop System, which uses
customized low-level electrical stimulation to
re-educate injured or diseased muscles.
• BIONESS H200 Hand Rehabilitation System, which also uses
customized low-level electrical stimulation to re-educate
muscles in the neurologically involved hand
• Neuro mechanical pain management with electrotherapeutic
• Craniosacral Therapy
• Orthopedic hand therapy including orthotic fabrication
• SAEBO arm training program, which helps neurologically
involved patients regain hand functions through use of a
• Videofluoroscopic Swallow studies in conjunction with Radiology
and state-of-the-art equipment for the diagnosis of swallowing
• LSVT (Lee Silverman Voice Treatment) is a clinically-proven
effective method of treatment for patients with Parkinson’s
Disease. LSVT LOUD is used in Speech Therapy to improve voice
and speech performance and LSVT BIG is utilized in physical
and occupational therapy for improving motor performance for
Parkinson’s patients. Certified therapists are available to treat
and train patients in the use of LSVT techniques
• VITAL STIM, treatment utilizing electrical stimulation for
improving swallowing impairments
• Therabite Exercise Program (Speech Therapy referral needed
to receive treatment)
• Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulator (DPNS). This
treatment is available through our Speech Therapy Department
Access to Our Services is Easy
• Any physician may order therapy services.
• A prescription for physical, occupational or speech therapy
which requests for an evaluation and treatment should also
include the diagnosis.
• The patient contact information, as well as the insurance
information, is also required. Services are covered by Medicare
and most insurance plans.
• After our front office intake Associate verifies the information,
the patient is contacted and an appointment for therapy is made.
Our patients receive one-on-one 45-minute therapy sessions, to maximize each patient’s success in achieving individualized treatment goals. Contact Holy Cross Hospital's Rehabilitation Institute at 954-492-5738.
Directions to Outpatient Rehabilitation at Holy Cross Hospital.