Watch full story"The anesthesiologist, the nurse, they were all fantastic, they were all nice. We joked around and they made me feel comfortable."
The Holy Cross Rehabilitation Institute offers the highest level of care available for those individuals recovering from serious conditions that affect their daily functioning and independence. We provide a range of services through a comprehensive continuum of care to meet our patients’ rehabilitation needs. Our multidisciplinary rehabilitation program encompasses acute medical & post-surgical therapy, acute inpatient rehabilitation, home health services and outpatient rehabilitation. This continuum of care provides convenience in service delivery to our patients. Our dedication to Holy Cross’ health care ministry, combined with our commitment to service excellence in the delivery of comprehensive rehabilitation services, provides an optimal setting for recovery.
Acute Inpatient Rehabiliation
This 48-bed unit is located on the sixth floor of Holy Cross Hospital. Each patient receives three hours of inpatient therapy, delivered daily by a group of highly skilled therapists who value teamwork. Compassionate care is provided by our Magnet designated nursing staff, many of which are Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses (CRRN). The professional team of therapists and nurses focuses treatment on each individual patient’s plan of care and rehabilitation goals. All services are provided seven days a week and patients are seen by a board certified physiatrist every day. For more information about this unit, please call 954-351-5958.
Our comprehensive outpatient therapeutic services include Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy. We treat patients of every age, for a range of diagnoses:
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neurological conditions
- Vestibular and balance conditions
- Hand dysfunction
- Speech disorders
- Language disorders
- Voice disorders
- Swallowing disorders
Our Therapy team offers the traditional rehabilitation model, as well as other specialized therapeutic approaches. These include:
- Manual Therapy
- Neuromuscular re-education techniques
- Certified Lymphedema management
- Vestibular/Balance Rehabilitation (for dizziness, including conditions such as BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
- BIONESS L300 Wireless Foot Drop System, which uses customized low-level electrical stimulation to re-educate injured or diseased muscles.
- BIONESS H200 Hand Rehabilitation System, which also uses customized low-level electrical stimulation to re-educate muscles in the neurologically involved hand
- Neuro mechanical pain management with electrotherapeutic acupuncture
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Orthopedic hand therapy including orthotic fabrication
- SAEBO arm training program, which helps neurologically involved patients regain hand functions through use of a mechanical orthosis
- Videofluoroscopic Swallow studies in conjunction with Radiology and state-of-the-art equipment for the diagnosis of swallowing impairments
- LSVT (Lee Silverman Voice Treatment) is a clinically-proven effective method of treatment for patients with Parkinson’s Disease. LSVT LOUD is used in Speech Therapy to improve voice and speech performance and LSVT BIG is utilized in physical and occupational therapy for improving motor performance for Parkinson’s patients. Certified therapists are available to treat and train patients in the use of LSVT techniques
- VITAL STIM, treatment utilizing electrical stimulation for improving swallowing impairments
- Therabite Exercise Program (Speech Therapy referral needed to receive treatment)
- Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulator (DPNS). This treatment is available through our Speech Therapy Department
Access to Our Services is Easy
- Any physician may order therapy services.
- A prescription for physical, occupational or speech therapy which requests for an evaluation and treatment should also include the diagnosis.
- The patient contact information, as well as the insurance information, is also required. Services are covered by Medicare and most insurance plans.
- After our front office intake Associate verifies the information, the patient is contacted and an appointment for therapy is made.
Our patients receive one-on-one 45-minute therapy sessions, to maximize each patient’s success in achieving individualized treatment goals. Contact Holy Cross Hospital's Rehabilitation Institute at 954-492-5738.
Women's Health Rehabilitation Services
Women’s Health Physical Therapy services are available in the Dorothy Mangurian Comprehensive Women’s Center at the Holy Cross Healthplex. One-on-one sessions with a licensed Physical Therapist who specializes in women’s health is offered in a tranquil, state-of-the-art setting. Our holistic approach integrates the body, mind and spirit. Services available include treatment for pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence, pelvic pain, obstetric musculoskeletal conditions (pregnancy & postpartum), breast cancer rehabilitation and an osteoporosis program. For information on specific conditions treated in our Center or if you wish to schedule an appointment, please call 954-229-8685. A physician’s prescription is required.
STRIVE is acommunity support group for stroke survivors and their families, is held the 1st Wednesday of each month here at Holy Cross in the Sister Innocent Conference Center. For more information or sign up to attend this group, please call 954-776-3075.
Outpatient PT offers 2 exercise maintenance groups each week:
- The General Exercise Group meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 to 1:30.
- The Parkinson’s Exercise Group meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 1:30 to 2:15.
Participation requires an initial prescription from your physician approving you to exercise with the group. Cost is $5.00 per session and is paid only for the group exercise classes you attend. (These groups require private payment by the patient. Insurance is not eligible for billing.)
For more information, please call 954-492-5738.
Pre-Surgical Information for the Total Joint Replacement Patient at Holy Cross Hospital
This video is designed to give you a general overview of the process you will follow and what to expect as you prepare for your procedure. In addition, it provides information about your discharge and post-operative hospital care.
Pre-Surgical Information Video for the Total Joint Replacement Patient at Holy Cross Hospital
Total Joint Replacement General Strength Exercises for the Holy Cross Hospital Patient
The therapists at Holy Cross have designed an exercise program to prepare your muscles for the tasks of returning you to a functional lifestyle after your surgery is completed. In this video, you will find simple exercises that cover both the hip and knee joints that will prepare you for your surgery.
Total Joint Replacement General Strength Exercises Video
Learn more about our Orthopedic Institute by visiting: HolyCrossOrthopedics.com.
At Holy Cross, we have broken down geographic barriers to top quality healthcare. If you are an international patient and would like more information about our services, please contact our International Services department at (866) 262-8621 or visit us at www.HolyCrossInternationalServices.com.