ANCC Magnet Recognition
The Magnet Recognition Program was developed in 1992 by ANCC, a branch of the American Nurses Credentialing Association, to recognize hospitals that provide the best in nursing care and a supportive professional nursing environment. The program is designed to provide consumers with the ultimate benchmark to measure the quality of care available at a medical facility.
In 2004, Holy Cross Hospital was the first facility in Broward County to receive Magnet Status. Less than 2% of hospitals in the United States achieve Magnet Recognition, which is awarded for a period of four years. In 2008 Holy Cross was recertified after submitting further evidence of our nursing team's effectiveness in meeting standards for nursing care related to clinical competence and assessment, education, cultural diversity and collaboration. We met 65 stringent ANCC quantitative and qualitative standards that defined the highest quality of nursing practice and patient care. ANCC representatives then conducted a site visit before awarding us Magnet Status Designation for the second time.
- You're joining a team of nurses who are dedicated to the highest level of quality care and who understand and respect the cultural and ethic diversity of our patients, their significant others, and our fellow healthcare providers.
- You're joining a team of employees who are treated fairly and equitably, and with the utmost respect.
- You're raising the standard of care for all other healthcare professionals who work around you.
- You're a part of an interdisciplinary team whose members demonstrate respect and admiration.
- You're learning from and growing under a nursing leadership team that's taking nursing to a new standard of excellence.
- You're part of a team that's achieving excellent patient outcomes.
- You're a main contributor to our healthcare systems overall success.
- We're developing tomorrow's leaders in nursing.
- We're recruiting the best and the brightest nurses.
- Other healthcare providers across the nation will look to you as a model of the best practices in nursing services.
- The community recognizes you as the best of the best.