Fresh Fruit Omelet
||¼ of recipe
|Calories from Fat
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
|Fat-free plain yogurt
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
|Fresh mint, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the broiler, positioning the oven rack 6-8 inches above.
- Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in half the beaten eggs.
- As the eggs cook, use a spatula to lift the edge, letting the uncooked egg run underneath.
- When loose egg can move to the edge, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle on half the cheese.
- Place the pan under the broiler until the cheese is melted and the egg is completely set.
- Spread half the fruit on one side of the omelet.
- Top the fruit with a generous dollop of the yogurt, which has been blended with the cinnamon and honey.
- Fold the other side of the omelet over the fruit and slide it onto a plate.
- Garnish with more yogurt mixture and fresh chopped mint.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Jesse Ziff Cool for Melissa’s Variety Produce