The Learning Center
At Holy Cross, we realize that education, career and job decisions are some of the most important, and in some cases, life-changing determinations a person can make. That is why we created The Learning Center for our Associates.
- Clinical Education through E-Path E-Learning and Swank Healthcare
- Clinical Education (Swank) DVD's
- GED and ESOL preparation classes (through Community School North)
- Student/Faculty/Traveler Online Orientation through E-Path
- Holy Cross University - Yearly calendar of HC University courses - scheduled leadership workshops, communication workshops, spiritual development seminars, etc.
- Course registration for Holy Cross University and Clinical Education classes
- BLS/ACLS/PALS/HeartSaver classes and books available
- Computers available to access Lawson Employee Self Service for Associate HR information
- Meeting Space
- Access to MD Consult - online full text medical journals, text books, bibliographic literature searches, patient education, practice guidelines, and medical images.
- Access to online textbooks via AccessMedicine.com
- Access to EBSCOhostdatabases:
- MedLine with Full Text
- CINAHL with Full Text
- Computer assistance and printing capabilities
Equipment and Facility
As part of the Associate Training & Development Department, the Learning Center is equipped with six Internet accessible computers and ample desk space for studying. The Learning Center is used for distance and computer-based learning, access to online literature searches, as well as traditional classroom instruction and meeting space.
The Learning Center also accepts article requests for any journals/books from the HCH Medical Library, requests for inter-library loans (to obtain articles from an external library), and for topic search requests. Get more information about the Holy Cross Medical Library.
The Learning Center Hours
Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm, closed for lunch from 12:30pm-1:15pm. We are located on the first floor, past the cafeteria.
You may contact the Learning Center Coordinator, at (954) 776-3267 or email Learning.Center@Holy-Cross.com.
In addition, the Learning Center and Associate Training & Development Department offer guidance with HCH required competencies, information regarding GED and ESOL Programs and information regarding educational assistance for Holy Cross Associates. To inquire about the GED and ESOL Programs, please stop by the Learning Center. We have a commitment to lifelong learning for our Associates.
If you have any questions regarding The Learning Center, please contact us at (954) 776-3267.